SAMA Board Study Material, History, Regulations and additional documents
Sergeant Audie Murphy Award
Selection Board Study Material
SUBJECT: Memorandum of Instruction (MOI) for the FY17 Fort Carson Sergeant Audie Murphy Award Selection Board (SAMA).
ELIGIBILITY: The SAMA Selection Board is open to all assigned NCOs CPL through MSG/1SG. Brigade Command Sergeant Majors are directed to ensure the widest dissemination of this memorandum to ensure maximum participation. The Brigade Command Sergeant Major will ensure all requirements for phases 1-3 are met in accordance with FORSCOM Regulation 600-80-1 prior to sending the nominee to the final selection board held at 4TH Infantry Division. NCO’s can participate if they meet the following:
- a. The NCO must meet all Army Retention Standards.
- b. The nominee has not received any Article 15s within two years.
- c. Nominees who do not have direct supervision of Soldiers may submit proof of active participation in external leadership roles.
- d. Pass Army Physical Fitness Test /Height and Weight standards; and obtain recommendation by Company First Sergeant, Battalion Command Sergeant Major, and Brigade Command Sergeant Major.
Audie Murphy Bio, History, Club History, & additional documents
- SAMC Study Packet
- Audie Murphy Study Packet
- Crest Symbolism
- The Medallion
- The History of the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club
- The Audie Murphy research paper
- SAMA board Info paper
- Example Leaders Book
"The way I see it, if you're scared of something you'd better get busy and do something about it. I'd call that a challenge - and I believe that the way to grow is to meet all the challenges as they come along."...
Regulations to Study
- FORSCOM Regulation 600-80-1 Sergeant Audie Murphy Award 2 APS 2015
- NCO Guide (TC 8-22.7) Leaders Notebook
- NCO Evaluation Reporting System (DA PAM 623-3)
- Training Units and Developing Leaders (ADP 7-0)
- Unified Land Operations (ADP 3-0)
- NCO Evaluation Reporting System (AR 623-3)
- Army Leadership (ADP 6-22)
- Army Physical Readiness Training (FM 7-22)
- Army Equal Opportunity Program (TC 26-6)
- Army Equal Opportunity Program (AR 600-20)
- The Operations Process (ADP 5-0)